By David Wills
A beautiful photographic compilation showcasing Audrey Hepburn’s iconic profession within the 1950s—the decade that solidified her position as one of many world’s maximum stars in movie and fashion.
Devoted to her such a lot influential decade, Audrey: The 50s brings jointly in a single quantity the attract and style that made Audrey Hepburn the main iconic determine in smooth model historical past. Photographed through the early days of her occupation, either at the units of Roman vacation, Sabrina, humorous Face, and different vintage motion pictures, and in style photograph shoots by means of most sensible photographers who cherished and immortalized her, those attractive black-and-white and colour pictures radiate with Audrey’s waifish appeal, airy attractiveness, and easy style.
Renowned writer, curator and photographic preservationist David Wills has conscientiously chosen this selection of 200 museum-quality pictures that catch Audrey in her best as by no means sooner than. Audrey: The 50s monitors this superstar at her brightest, and brings her legacy into excellent focus.
Among the highlights:
- Rare and vintage photos digitally restored from classic photographic prints, unique studio negatives and transparencies.
- Never-before-seen exposure photographs, scene stills and paintings pictures from the units of Roman vacation, Sabrina, humorous Face, Love within the Afternoon, and The Nun’s Story.
- Previously unpublished "posed candids" of Audrey at home.
- Beautifully restored ads, fan journal layouts, foreign movie posters and foyer cards.
- Quotes from photographers, administrators, and costars, together with William Holden, Gregory Peck, Fred Astaire, Billy Wilder, King Vidor, William Wyler, Edith Head, Hubert de Givenchy, Richard Avedon, Cecil Beaton, and Audrey herself.
Read Online or Download Audrey: The 50s PDF
Similar biographies of actors & actresses books
Fascinating and classically good-looking, John Gilbert (1897--1936) was once one of the world's so much recognizable actors throughout the silent period. He was once a wild, swashbuckling determine on monitor and stale, and bills of his existence have fascinated about his high-profile romances with Greta Garbo and Marlene Dietrich, his mythical conflicts with Louis B.
Iowa-born Jock Mahoney used to be an elite athlete and U. S. Marines fighter pilot ahead of falling right into a movie occupation. he's largely thought of to be one of many maximum stuntmen in motion picture background, having taken leaps and limits for Errol Flynn, John Wayne, Randolph Scott, and Gregory Peck. one of many first stuntmen to effectively stream into performing, he used to be the preferred big name of the Nineteen Fifties tv westerns variety Rider and Yancy Derringer and two times performed Tarzan at the vast monitor, providing a memorable portrayal of an informed, articulate and mature jungle lord precise to writer Edgar Rice Burroughs’ unique imaginative and prescient.
“No subject your scenario, you might have a call. I selected pleasure. ” // Roxane conflict was once on tv for a lot of her grownup lifestyles. As a information reporter and anchor, she traveled the area and met awesome humans from Jay Leno to Mariah Carey to Prince. yet almost immediately after touchdown her dream activity in her place of birth of Minneapolis, Roxane’s marriage fell aside.
The multitalented writers, administrators, manufacturers, and actors (as obvious at the League, obvious, and The Mindy venture) percentage the secrets and techniques in their lifelong partnership during this designated memoir. no matter if generating, writing, directing, or performing, the Duplass Brothers have made their mark on this planet of self sustaining movie and tv at the energy in their quirky and empathetic approach to storytelling.
- Klaus Kinski, Beast of Cinema: Critical Essays and Fellow Filmmaker Interviews
- Hollywood's New Yorker: The Making of Martin Scorsese (SUNY series, Horizons of Cinema)
- Sarah Bernhardt (Women in the Arts)
- Jeffrey Hunter: The Film, Television, Radio and Stage Performances
Additional info for Audrey: The 50s