By Maria Nikolajeva
The participants to this selection of essays handle kid's literature as an artwork shape, instead of an academic device, as has been the normal strategy. students from 10 varied international locations current quite a few ways to the background of kid's literature, together with perspectives on sociological, semiotic, and intertextual versions of its evolution. different matters explored contain impact and interplay among tales and their nations of foundation. This powerful presentation of foreign views on kid's literature may be a precious source for students of kid's and comparative literature.
Read Online or Download Aspects and Issues in the History of Children's Literature (Contributions to the Study of World Literature) PDF
Similar parenting literature guides books
This publication significantly examines Le Guin's fiction for every age, and it'll be of serious curiosity to her many admirers and to all scholars and students of kid's literature.
The skin baby, out and in of the ebook is located on the intersection among children’s literature experiences and youth reviews. during this provocative ebook, Christine Wilkie-Stibbs juxtaposes the narratives of literary and real children/young adults to discover how Western tradition has imagined, outlined, and handled their outsider prestige – whether orphaned, homeless, refugee, sufferers of abuse, or exploited – and the way methods of monetary, social, or political impoverishment are sustained and naturalized in regimes of energy, authority, and domination.
Alternating chapters of historic historical past and literary research, this examine argues that postbellum sequence books encouraged younger women through illustrating the ways that ladies may possibly perform social swap, no matter if via church societies, benevolent enterprises, academic associations or political teams.
Adopting a very international, theoretical and multidisciplinary viewpoint, Media Pluralism and variety intends to develop our realizing of media pluralism around the globe. It compares metrics which were constructed in several elements of the realm to evaluate degrees of, or threats to, media pluralism.
- Of Bread, Blood and The Hunger Games: Critical Essays on the Suzanne Collins Trilogy (Critical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy)
- Using Picture Story Books to Teach Literary Devices: Recommended Books for Children and Young Adults Volume 4
- Reading Harry Potter: Critical Essays (Contributions to the Study of Popular Culture,)
- Affective Methodologies: Developing Cultural Research Strategies for the Study of Affect
- Media, Margins and Popular Culture
- Gender(ed) Identities: Critical Rereadings of Gender in Children's and Young Adult Literature (Children's Literature and Culture)
Additional resources for Aspects and Issues in the History of Children's Literature (Contributions to the Study of World Literature)